Phone: 01642 246703 
Email: [email protected]
Postal address: 
7 Zetland Road, Middlesbrough TS1 1EH
Download a referral form

What we do:

Middlesbrough Floating Support is a supported independent living service based within the Coulby Newham area of Middlesbrough close to local amenities, a shopping centre and leisure centres. A local bus route is in operation.

This service consists of 10 single person self-contained furnished flats with their own front door. Tees Valley Housing Ltd are the landlords of the properties and Mental Health Matters act as managing agents.

The service provides accommodation to adults with support needs who have been assessed for a personal budget / direct payment or are willing to pay for support themselves. Length of time at the service is dependent on individual assessed needs.

Tenants are allocated a key worker who will provide a person centred approach to help individuals identify their needs and aspirations; creating a recovery action plan with realistic timescales and achievable goals, which are reviewed on a regular basis. Support is provided to suit the individual and a helpline is available out of hours where an on call system is in place. We aim to:

  • Provide information and support to access local amenities/communities
  • Help people develop their social skills/domestic and life skills
  • Offer emotional support/advice and signpost for counselling if needed
  • Help people to establish personal safety and security
  • Help people to manage their finances and benefit claims
  • Help with every day needs such as shopping – errands, appointments
  • Help people to move onto independent living

The service charges an hourly rate, which is currently set at £13.50 per hour for one to one support. Group activity costs vary and are available on request.

Who is this service for?

This service is for people aged 18 and over living in Middlesbrough, who need some ongoing support and help with housing due to mental health problems, with the aim of living independently. As there is a cost to the service, you must either be in receipt of a Personal Budget/Universal Credit, Housing Benefit, or able to pay for the service yourself.

How can I access the service?

You can either be referred to the service by your GP or CPN/Social Worker, or refer yourself to the service.

You will need to complete a referral form, which you can click here to download. Once completed, the referral form should be posted to us at 7 Zetland Road, Middlesbrough TS1 1EH.